Knowledge Base

There are multiple LogoPress functions that can be used to create inserts within a tool assembly.The LogoPress “Add an insert” function creates an insert using the SolidWorks “Split” feature. Another method to create inserts uses the LogoPress “Form Punch and Form Die Insert” function. A third method is to create an insert using the “Add a plate” function.
In order to create a “V-Form” progressive strip layout, one where the part is v-formed at the end of the die as the part is cutoff, you must use a split line in the middle of the bend and then you should unbend the part on each side of the split line. That is the key in order to have this ...
When you insert Standard Components (screws, dowels, springs, etc.) with LogoPress using either our free SolidWorks Gold Certified 123GO or with our 123GO Advanced you will find some times when you are not able to make a flat-bottomed hole (or a counter-bored hole) as deep as you would like to....
Starting with LogoPress 2010 SP1.3, the “Item Number” custom property name has been replaced with “Key Number”. This has been done to eliminate confusion with the SolidWorks “Item Number”, which is something very different from what the LogoPress “Item Number” referred to....
If I talked about a SolidWorks Custom Property called “CompanyName” or “Weight” or “PartNo” you wouldn’t have to think very long or hard as to what the evaluated values of these custom properties would end up being since they are quite descriptive. As said in previous posts, ...
You may recall from a previous post that there is a LogoPress custom property named “NumberNomenc” and the LogoPress Bill of Materials (BOM) module automatically manages this custom property for the purpose of sorting balloons in an orderly fashion. In the past, most people have assigned ...
First of all, to get something straight and so that we are on the same page, when we talk about ballooning we are also talking about the BOM (bill of materials). The two are linked together and perhaps this is obvious, but it is worthwhile noting. I’d like to point out just a few of the ...
As long as I’m on a roll this month talking about balloons and how they work with the LogoPress BOM, I figured I might as well show you a few details about the LogoPress BOM and describe them. As mentioned below, there are many options making it very flexible and useful. In the picture above, ...
For those of us that were accustomed to using software in the past that automatically sorted the balloons so that they were in numerical order in the drawings, it was a real disappointment losing this ability when switching to 3D. With dozens and dozens of balloons on one sheet, or even over a ...
It is very surprising to me that more tool and die companies don’t work with part numbers as the file name as opposed to the name of the part (the description, really) as the file name. I think the reason they don’t is because when most companies start out using 3D CAD, they start by naming ...
Sometimes you will find that after inserting your BOM, you have the identical Standard Component listed more than once, rather than combined into a single line. Below is an example of a BOM that has 3 different item numbers for what could be a single item number for an identical pilot, as well as 5 ...
Hopefully, if you have the occasion to use locking tabs in your die designs you’ve taken advantage of the automated Punch Locking Tab function in LogoPress. If you haven’t, make sure you search the LogoPress help file for “Punch Locking Tab”. I’ve just realized today that the help file ...
Punch Mismatches are one of many really cool and fast automation tools in LogoPress. But first of all, they need a little room in order to complete properly and secondly, they don’t like extra entities getting in their way. Below are my personal preferred settings for my punch mismatches. If...
Sometimes you find that after you’ve created a strip layout you are left with a sliver, or shniblet as they say, that that is sitting at die level in each station of the die. Often times, usually that is, the sliver is the result of an angular bypass mismatch on a radius. This would happen if your...
This is, without question, the most important post in our knowledgebase. Changing a strip layout and even a complete die design is a very easy process with LogoPress if the correct steps are followed. In order for it to be an easy, automated and painless process it is important that you make these...