Knowledge Base

There are multiple LogoPress functions that can be used to create inserts within a tool assembly.The LogoPress “Add an insert” function creates an insert using the SolidWorks “Split” feature. Another method to create inserts uses the LogoPress “Form Punch and Form Die Insert” function. A third method is to create an insert using the “Add a plate” function.
While in an assembly, the fastest way to open the drawing for a part file within that assembly is to simply right click on the part whose drawing you would like to open and select Open Drawing from the popup menu. The drawing file for this part will immediately open. There are two little secrets to ...
A very simple and useful yet unknown option in Logopress3 is to be able to “drag and drop” fully constrained/fully mated plates in the x, y or z axis. From the Logopress3 help file: You can move a plate by “drag and drop“. Click the plate with the left button of the mouse. While you press ...
A common need is to be able to send a die set model or a die set drawing to the die set manufacturer that contains only the burnouts and nothing else. (You may wish to also include the lifting holes, any custom milling, etc…) But oftentimes you don’t prepare this drawing or model until the die ...
As you can see in the before and after pics below, the top picture has annoying looking white areas on some edges of the model. Here is the simple setting change to clean this up: Go to SolidWorks System Options, Display/Selection, Anti-aliasing, and change the default “Anti-alias edges/sketches ...
I’m embarrassed to say that I am guilty of not using this very simple tip very much myself over the years, and so I suspect there may be others like me that are overlooking this same thing. Whether you are in SolidWorks or in LogoPress, when you are not sure how to do something, or if you just ...
The names for LogoPress Station Marks are automatically generated by LogoPress as they are inserted. The name that is automatically generated for the very first Station Mark is 010 STATION MARK, the second one that is inserted gets named 020 STATION MARK, etc. We strongly suggest not to change the...
If you have a LogoPress hole table already done for a part, and then you add or change some holes in the part that this hole table references, when you open that drawing file containing the hole table you will get the SOLIDWORKS message saying: The document has changed: Do you want to update the ...
A great and often used System Option in SolidWorks is found under Display/Selection and is called “Enable selection through transparency”. If you have a model that is transparent, or actually semi-transparent (we encourage you to take advantage of transparency when using LogoPress) you will ...